Monday, July 20, 2009

Writing to 'Build the Larger Conversation' from Weblogg-ed by Will Richardson, April 9, 2009

Will, one of my favorite bloggers, writes here about the future of writing and points to one of his mentors, Kathleen Blake Yancey and her "Writing in the 21st Century." The piece is excellent, but Yancey's quote, highlighted in Will's blog, is what caught my attention: "none of us really know what the answers are right now, but we are at a tipping point of sorts at least in our recognition that something “large” is happening, and that it’s going to have some “large” effects on our teaching and learning lives." I find that when I think about the futures of libraries and librarians, that I can sometimes panic because I don't know the right direction to pick. It is nice to know that I'm not the only one who doesn't know what the answers are right now!

No comments: